By David Dieckfoss- Bookend Trust Fiji Power Coordinator
Well I’m back in Hobart and the weather couldn’t be more different. Snow on the mountains, high winds and floods. I’ve caught up on a bit of sleep and can now reflect on how fantastic the Fiji Power 2016 expedition was. The Fiji Power is a huge “win win” project for all involved.
- Teachers around Australia receive an Australian curriculum aligned assignment on renewable energy and vaccinations as well as a chance to win a free trip to Fiji. The assignment is useful from Year 7 to 10.
- Fijian and Australian students work together learning how to install and maintain renewable energy systems.
- Fijian Medical centres get a renewable electrical system to run their vaccination fridges. This makes the safe storage of life saving vaccinations possible.
- Fijian Villages are able to receive free vaccinations for their children.
- The Fijian Government saves money on lost vaccinations and by access to free renewable energy.
- We all get to be involved in a project that makes a huge difference!
Make sure you are involved in Fiji Power 2017 – coming soon.