Where? Where? Wedgie!
We were back with another adventure learning project in May 2018. Where? Where? Wedgie! Where are the wedge-tailed eagles and how many are there in Tasmania? Students, teachers and, for the first time families and communities, were involved as we learnt about these winged warriors of the sky.
- During May 2018, it was a four week live science based expedition to find eagles and explore their habits and habitats. Daily reports, videos, photos and discussion boards.
- Connecting students online and outside with scientists.
- Free teaching resources aligned to Australian Curriculum: Science and across other curriculum areas (see the primary school curriculum outlines below).
- Connected to a major new citizen science project where observation data (getting outside) contributed to a real investigation into the population of the Tasmanian wedge-tailed eagle.
- The project is continuing in 2019 and schools can be part of the action in April /May. Keep an eye out here and at NatureTrackers to get involved.
With special thanks to the Tasmanian Department of Education, Tasmanian Community Fund, Woolnorth Wind Farms, ICS Multimedia and supporters.