Where? Where? Wedgie!
We are back again with our citizen science project - working towards this year's giant eagle survey in May 2021, Where? Where? Wedgie! Where are the wedge-tailed eagles in Tasmania - and are they increasing, or declining in number? Students and teachers - and families and communities - can get involved, as we learn about these winged warriors of the sky.
- Learn how to find eagles and other birds, and explore their habits and habitats, through 9 fun and fascinating videos, photos and discussion boards.
- Connecting students online and outside with scientists.
- Free teaching resources aligned to Australian Curriculum: Science and across other curriculum areas (see the school curriculum outlines below).
- More inspiration and information in 29 video and photo reports from the huge, first Where? Where? Wedgie! expedition in 2018.
- Connect to a major new citizen science project where observation data (getting outside) contributes to a real investigation into the population of the Tasmanian wedge-tailed eagle.